Here goes installation number two in my summer smoothie series. This Strawberry Guava Smoothie is one I developed for Cooking Light Magazine. It is very much a kid-pleaser sort of smoothie that makes a tasty afternoon pick-me-up. It can also be poured into pop molds and put in the freezer for several hours for a colorful frozen treat.
- 1 cup quartered strawberries
- 1/2 cup guava nectar
- 1 (6-ounce) carton strawberry yogurt
- 1 frozen sliced ripe banana
- 5 ice cubes (about 2 ounces)
- Place strawberries, guava nectar, yogurt, banana, and ice cubes in a blender; process 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Serve immediately.