Carrot Apple Ginger Smoothie
It’s Week Three in my Summer Smoothie Series. This time, I’m bringing some vegetables into the mix with this recipe I developed for Cooking Light Magazine. Carrot juice plays a starring role with a handful of other ingredients that may strike you as odd bedfellows — carrot, applesauce (what?!), yogurt, and frozen banana. But the result is creamy and delicious with just enough of a gingery zing to count. Try it.
Carrot Apple Ginger Refresher
- 1/2 cup 100% carrot juice , chilled
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup organic vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 frozen sliced ripe banana
- 5 ice cubes (about 2 ounces)
Place all ingredients in a blender; process 2 minutes or until smooth.
This is a recipe I developed for Cooking Light. It is used with permission.
Photo credit: Cooking Light